STAINING, WHAT CAUSES IT AND WHAT WE CAN DO TO HELP YOU REMOVE IT!
Losing the natural white color of your teeth is probably one of the most common oral issues that people often face. It is mainly caused due to the deposition of microbes in the mouth, which can leave the teeth with a dull and discolored appearance. However, you can now get rid of the stains on your teeth using our in-house and home teeth whitening solutions.
At Monica Neely DDS, we offer several teeth whitening solutions to enhance the appearance of your smile and give you the brightness and whiteness that you always wanted.
What is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is a cosmetic dental treatment that helps to remove stains and discoloration from the surface of teeth. It is one of the most preferred cosmetic treatments due to its simplicity and cost-effectiveness.
There are 2 Types of Whitening we use. In-Office or At-Home treatmentsIN OFFICE TREATMENT WITH GLO PROFESSIONAL
- A beautiful, healthy, white smile has the power to change your life and make you GLO - inside and out! We are proud to be a certified GLO Science dental practice, offering our patients the very best teeth whitening experience and results available anywhere - with faster appointments, superior results, and no sensitivity.
- Using our GLO IN-OFFICE system you can get whiter teeth in one comfortable visit in without pain! The GLO whitening mouthpiece uses a patented combination of warming heat and light technology to speed up the whitening process for safe, clinically proven, professional whitening results with no sensitivity. Our team uses a special barrier for your gum tissue, then we apply the GLO 35% bleaching solution to your teeth. The mouthpiece is inserted and you start your first of 4 back to back 8 minute sessions. Once the first 8 minutes is complete, we remove residual gel, reapply fresh bleaching gel, re-insert the mouthpiece and repeat this procedure for a total of 4, back to back treatments for a total of 16 minutes of active whitening time.
- After your in-office whitening is complete, we DO recommend our patients continue the whitening process at home with our GLO-home kit.
- This is one of the quickest and safest ways to whiten your teeth.
HOME WHITENING TREATMENT WITH GLO SCIENCE
- The Glo home kits provide our patients with their own personal mouthpiece that produces the same heat and light technology, but a gentler 10% bleaching gel safe for at home application. In your kit, you will find the home device, lip care, and 10 tubes of 10% whitening gel. With this system, you will be able to further your whitening and touch up as needed in the future. Once you own this kit, you can purchase refill gel at the office whenever you need it! Everyone's needs are different. Our team will help you come up with a personalized whitening plan that will work best for your teeth and lifestyle.
HOME WHITENING TREATMENT WITH OPALESCENCE GO TRAYS
GO trays are prefilled whitening trays. They have a universal fit that conform to any smile and are ready to use, right out of the box. Our patients love the convenience, simplicity and effectiveness of this at home system for whitening their teeth. We offer the GO trays in a 10 pack a 4 pack, or even just one set if you just want to give one tray a try before committing.
Opalescence Go Teeth Whitening Step-By-Step Guide
At-home whitening kits contain a whitening gel composed of carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide - both of which are effective at removing stains from the surface of teeth. The whitening gel can be applied by the patient at home for the recommended time every day, which would give amazing results in just a few weeks. This teeth whitening method is ideal for those patients with gum problems or sensitive teeth who can't undergo a professional teeth whitening procedure or for those who do not need any quick fix.
How can you maintain your fresh-looking smile after professional whitening?
- Brush and floss your teeth regularly, twice every day, to remove plaque or tartar buildup after your treatment.
- Use soft-bristled toothbrushes to prevent damage to the enamel or gums.
- Use fluoride toothpaste for better results.
- Follow-up at home with your maintenance whitening plan personalized by our doctor and hygienist.
- Visit your dentist regularly for dental checkups and cleanings at least once every six months. These checkups will help maintain healthy gums as well as healthy teeth and prevent other dental complications like cavities or gum disease.